A circular definition uses the term being defined as part of the definition or assumes a prior understanding of the term being defined.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Articles in this section
- Please tag the definition.
- Are the detected phrases correct?
- Enter the name of the term. Nouns enter in their singular, non-possessive form. Verbs enter in their base form.
- Duplicate Term Check
- Would you like to try searching for an existing term of which this term is an other form or nonstandard form?
- Is the new term an other form or non-standard form of the matched term?
- What type of "other form" is the new term?
- Does the definition apply to the other form, or does it apply generally to the matched term?
- The existing acronyms are:
- Enter the acronym corresponding to the term, if applicable.
Please sign in to leave a comment.