Compliance Mapping is the process of crosswalking one Citation’s Mandates to another Citation’s Mandates. An older methodology matches Citation to Citation in a matrix, the newer methodology matches each Citation to a Common Control in a star pattern.
The process of compliance mapping consists of
- cataloging the Authority Document in question,
- extracting its pertinent Citations and Mandates,
- tagging the terms in those Mandates,
- selecting each tagged term’s in-context definition,
- mapping that tagged Mandate to a Common Control, and
- matching the Common Control to corresponding Audit Questions.